Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Simple stir fried carrot and capsicum

This simple carrot and capsicum stir fry goes very well with ghee rice. When I have to make some food only for myself, I make a stirfry with whatever vegetable comes into my hand from the vegetable tray. However, my favorite is this capsicum-carrot stir fry and aloo capsicum. This is a very simple, tasty and a healthy recipe. It is not often that you find a recipe with this deadly combination. This recipe uses very few ingredients and very less oil.
This is what I used:
Carrot - 200 gms, grated
Capsicum - 200 gms, chopped
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Hing - a pinch
Red chili - 1, optional
Sambar powder - 1 heaped tsp, optional

How:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, once it splutters, add the red chili and the hing.
- Add the vegetables and salt. Saute for 4 minutes in medium flame.
- If you like your stir fry to be spicy, add sambar powder and saute for a minute before turning off.

This goes very well with ghee rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment